To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:47 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] re: Popperularity vs. Quality

Popper can play the blues. Saying he is not a good musician is ridiculous. Have you seen him in concert? I played harp for a jam band for 2 years and it was a lot easier to get along and get gigs than in a blues group where the fan base is limited, even in a town like Peoria, IL, and the egos are giants. Not only that, but in the Jam Band, Kynetyk, we played some of the best blues I have ever heard and really funked it out. So Popper may not be the best harp player in the world, he's not Sonny Boy I or II, but he is still skilled beyond your imagination and I am not one of his fans. I like his band, but his harp style doesn't suit me. And I still think he is incredibly good.

Merx