[Harp-L] JP "jazz studies"

From: "chris o'sullivan" <proharper@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2. JP attended and graduated from NYU jazz program in New York City playing harp.

it seems that it was The New School not NYU and there was no graduation. It appears to me that it wasn't much of a JAZZ program. I do like his early musical story, I bet it is not that different than how a lot of us came to love the harmonica.

From: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Blues-Traveler-Biography/F11A113AFE7AE91E4825689E0034D62E

Popper and drummer Brendan Hill first hooked up in 1983; they were joined by guitarist Chan Kinchla in 1986, and bassist Bobby Sheehan in 1987.

Out of their shared fascination with the Blues Brothers was born a worthy name by which to call themselves--the Blues Band. Following graduation, all of the bandmates, (except Kinchla, who attended N.Y.U.) enrolled in the jazz program at New York's New School for Social Research. The New School was just what Popper needed to get their act together: not only did they have the use of free rehearsal space, but the curriculum taught them how to get gigs. They learned a little too well--before long, they had lined up so many gigs that there wasn't any time left for school, so they all dropped out of the program.

Michael Peloquin
come to Jam Camp in San Diego, Oct 14-16, 2005
tell them Michael sent you
http://www.gindick.com
http://www.harpsax.com