RE: [Harp-L] Advice needed

Hi Dan:

You'll probably get a lot of varying suggestions on this list, but for my
money, the Lee Oskars are the best value and the best harps for the money.
They are far and away my favorite harps on this planet.  I have some harps
I've had for four or five year that I've played the heck out of that still
sound great.

Not only that, they feel great in the mouth.  No sharp edges, just soft,
supple curves.  They sound great, although some people might think they're
too clean sounding, and they last forever (or seemingly).  I can get a nice
raunchy sound out of mine anytime I want and I play them HARD.

Just my opinion, though...although I'm willing to bet you'll get a lot of
others on this list who suggest Lee Oskars.  I played Hohner's for a number
of years and just never really got to love them.  Five minutes after picking
up my first Lee Oskar, I was hooked.

Welcome to the harp, Dan.  Just remember, harp players get ALL the respect
in the music world. :-)

Regards,

Robert Gaustad