[Harp-L] Junior Wells & Lee Oskars

Speaking of Lee Oskars, I obtained a copy of "Junior Wells Teaches
Mississippi Saxophone" for a few bucks on ebay. I already knew there
wasn't much 'teaching' content but wanted the video of Jr playing, well
worth a few bucks even if I had to dust off an old VCR and get it
working. I must say the tape is highly entertaining, and anyone who
bought it for learning would be real upset! Jr is just rambling on and
on, telling stories, explaining that he can't explain how to play the
harp, haha. The cameramen are doing closeups of the side of his head as
he is playing, as if that means anything. He plays some good stuff in
parts, but for the most part he's just goofing and rambling on and being
Junior. Another funny part is where he's talking about amps, equipment,
etc. It's a gas when he pulls out a Lee Oskar and tries to explain how
you can change the reed plates. The whole thing is pretty funny. What a
character. All the bling-bling the guy had on almost give me a freaking
seizure.

Anyone know when this was shot? Not real long ago it seems, I think I
remember it was 1993 and he looked like he was in pretty good shape
then, but died five years later.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA