[Harp-L] Subject: RE: (Harpl-L) Funk...

Chris Michalek writes:

"Yep, that's a cool track but I doubt it beats Ja-RAH's 20 minute  funk
solos.

Speaking of which,  anyone in the phx area that wants  to come out to
my show on 8/26 I'll show you some of the greasiest funky  harp
playing ever!!  This will be my first show since stopping for  my
pnemonina.  Kerry Thomas - saxaphonist from WAR will be there.   I
expect many other music friends as well, a stellar didgeridoo  player,
tabla player, japanense flute player and I don't know who else  at
this point."

....I hadn't thought of Jason as a "funk" player but you're absolutely
right... so we can add that to his "sexy rocker" title.   Glad to hear  you're over
your pneumonia.  At least I hope you're not playing despite  still being ill?
 Sounds like a fun night.  Next time I'm in Az  -- which just might be for
Robert BonFiglio's next teach-in I'll be sure to stop  by to hear you play.

Elizabeth