[Harp-L] Subject: ORLEANS-Dance with Me - JELLY ROLL

One of the best versions I have ever heard of DANCE WITH ME was recorded by Jelly Roll Johnson.

He recorded his fantastic version back in my Nashville session days, in the 80"s. As far as I know, it is only available on cassette, ask jelly himself to verify.

The song features the sweetest harmonica playing you will ever hear as Jelly and his handpicked band of Nashville session players joyfully romped through this adorable song with the harmonica playing the melody right up front where it belongs. Even does some nice harmony playing with himself, as I recall.

Sure sounded like everyone was smiling when they did this session ):):

Ps, the rest of the cassette has many wonderful moments as well.

Check it out,

wet and warm in miami,

randy singer

Begin forwarded message:

Message: 7 Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:10:17 -0400 From: "Rob Paparozzi" <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] ORLEANS-Dance with Me To: "Steve McIver" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Harpl Post" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <000b01c5a9da$f354e900$6501a8c0@statelpyd5uy56> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Steve,

     You ARE correct, I'm a friend of Larry Hoppen and he IS playing
Melodica on that song NOT Harmonica...Great SONG!

best,
rob paparozzi