Re: [Harp-L] Richard Newell/King Biscuit Boy

Good to see Richard discussed on this list. The guy who got me into harp
about 18 years ago put three Richard Newell songs on what was my first
"harp mix tape." I don't exactly live in a cave, but I've never heard
him discussed, played, etc.  since.  I still play "Tore Your Playhouse
Down" in my band, which is always a late night crowd favorite, and one
of these days maybe I'll get brave enough to do "Barefoot Rock."

Thanks for reviving an old memory, and giving props to an
underappreciated player. Perhaps someone else will discover him, like
this list has helped me to discover so many "new" great players (read -
new to me).

 - Blake

>>> "Rob Paparozzi" <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/25/05 11:06 PM >>>
jerry,

   He was awesome with a HUGE fat sound.....I covered a his version of
the
johnny jones classic "Hoy, Hoy, Hoy"....

he'll be missed in the Blues & Harmonica world.....terrific singer
also!!!

best,
rob