[Harp-L] Harp longevity/Advice needed

Don,
I'd echo your results: likewise I still have literally every harp I ever
owned for 30 years in a cabinet and it is largely a graveyard of old
hohners: MBs, GMs and Special 20s, while the first Lee Oscars that I ever
bought remain in my stagecase and are still used, albeit with replaced
reeds.  Many are "pre-logo" on the front.  Lee Oskars reeds last the
longest.  Unfortunately they squak the nastiest when overblows are
attempted, but that's where Jimmy Gordon comes in: his custom Marine Band's
with sealed combs are perfect in every way, have the best timbre of any
harp I've played, and overblow great!  (Thanks JG)  Anyway, the Lee Oskars
are the workhorse harps that, like the energizer bunny, keep going and
going...
Zig

Don Neal said:
 .....If I look in that drawer today, I find several
Hohner special 20s, several Hohner Golden Melodies, several Hohner Marine
Bands, a few Huangs and a few Suzukis. I've purchased considerably more of
the Hohner harps than Huang and Suzuki, but I have purchased more Lee Oskar
harps than any of the other brands. At this time, I have no Lee Oskar harps
in that drawer.

My humble opinion is that Lee Oskar harps are easier FOR ME to play and
they
last a lot longer. The negative side is that they cost more. My style of
playing (or maybe my lack of style) may be more of a factor than the
quality
of harps. ...

http://mail2web.com/ .