From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Frank M
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 8:07 AM
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Open Jams

Respectfully, I can't comment on which term is technically the most
correct (I simply don't know), but *everybody* around my neck of the
woods calls these things jams.  There is a list, people are called up to
play a small set of songs, etc.  I've never heard it called a sit-in.
The last thing I heard called a sit-in was a college protest gathering.  :-)

But I see the point you are trying to make RE: 'open jams' (like the
blues jam at SPAH) vs. closed jams.

--Frank