From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Frank M
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 9:07 AM
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Open Jams

Respectfully, I can't comment on which term is technically the most correct
(I simply don't know), but *everybody* around my neck of the woods calls
these things jams.  There is a list, people are called up to play a small
set of songs, etc.  I've never heard it called a sit-in.
The last thing I heard called a sit-in was a college protest gathering.  :-)

But I see the point you are trying to make RE: 'open jams' (like the blues
jam at SPAH) vs. closed jams.

--Frank