[Harp-L] Richard Newell/King Biscuit Boy

Very sad to hear of his passing.

I was put on to him in the late 1970s, by an expereinced
player, during my first serious conversation about who I
should be listening to. I found a copy of his "King Biscuit
Time" album, with the Meters (i.e. Neville Brothers) and Dr
John. The harmonica on the ablum was sparing, but great. I
covered "Caledonia River", from the album, with my 1980s
blues band, and it was one of our favorites.

Tony Eyers
Australia
http://www.harmonicatunes.com