[Harp-L] Gapping, "Golden Melody" and Overblowing questions (- a bit long)

Hi -
I have recently started to learn to overblow (some success with the #6 OB, less with the #5 &#4 - virtually none with the #1 and with the overdraws - but still working on it!). Also, I bought a few Hohner Golden Melodies, having heared that they are excellent harps, and that a lot of OB players use them (is this true? I mean other then Howard L. and Carlos D-J that I know of?)
However, the last few gigs I have had trouble with reeds "sticking", that is, not responding when I hit them powerfully (I tend to blow hard in a gig situation, I guess, playing Blues).
I have tried widening the gaps on these particular reeds, thinking that may help. However I am not very experienced at "tweaking" and I don`t know if I am ding it right - although Iprod and push at the reeds for a long time, I do`nt see a noticable change in the gap (and I am afraid to use too much force and break them), and can`t seem to get rid of this problem.
The "reed sticking problem appears only on some of my GM harps, and only on some reeds?
Are GMs made specifically to be played more gently the Marine bands or special 20s?
Can anyone give me any tips on the right way to change gapping?
Grateful for any help
Hammer
Tel Aviv, Israel