Re: [Harp-L] Richard Newell/King Biscuit Boy

Hi Smo-Joe,

    I agree with you that Newell is not playin' lots of Harp on this
record....but harp players can be tuff critics.....,-)

    The Harp Players are only a small % of the buying public...

    Newell had a terrific Voice and I think on this record , Toussaint the
producer was trying to get a wider audience for him. I love his Vocals on
this record but also think the Harp Solos on "The Bum is Mine" and "Mind
over Matter" are perfect for these songs.......His tone was to die for!,-)
Both acoustic & Mic'ed

    I know what you mean tho....after hearin' his 1st two lp's I really
wanted more HARP too....A killer tune w/ NO harp is "I'm Gone" The Meters
covered it too...

all the best,
Rob Paparozzi