Re: [Harp-L] Katrina's Arena

In blues we trust. Sunday Brunch at the HoB in Le Vieux Carre may never again happen in many more ways than one. I have friends in the path of the storm that love the blues and constantly send me new CDs of the bands they meet on the delta. They too are evacuating and we all worry for them. May we once again say:

Le Bon Tons Roulon

From: Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Katrina's Arena
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:51:49 -0400

After taking a direct hit last year which wiped out our town, then the insult of 2 weeks and 4 weeks later receiving 2 more glancing blows, I know how the people of the gulf coast must feel. I have been playing "Do you know what it means to MISS New Orleans" for the last few days in an effort to turn the tide. My heart goes out to all those poor souls in the path. While this is not harmonica related, I feel you can forgive me just this once, as a LOT of our greatest music was born there.

Joe Martin (dixie land chromatic player extrordinaire) lives in Metarie (a suburb of NOLa). I'm worried for him.
smo-joe