Re: [Harp-L] Going to New York...take the A-Train!!!

Apologies to the list as I know we are not suppose to plug gigs on Harp-l, if we ALL did there'd be CHAOS!

But since Robert is coming in from out of town, I thought I'd let folks know about this historic and FREE event in NYC................

Good Call Matthew, Big Ed runs a great Jam in the APPLE and Joisey too!

Robert.....since your in town 9/2 - 9/15....I'll invite you up to Harlem! It's a gig NOT an open Jam, musicians have to be asked to come up and play etc.....

OK, so you've been asked,-)!!! feel free to "Pack a few Tin Sandwichs" and partake in the greazy but GREAT food at: Dinosaur BBQ....(Thurs September 8th) no cover!

Bid Ed Sullivan will also be there that night, it's kind of a VERY important night in NYC Blues history...

The Event:
a send-off party.....

Blues Advocate, Buddy Fox has done a myriad of events in NYC for 40+ years and on Sept 9th will leave to retire in Maui, Hawaii.

Buddy Fox helped many Blues Atrist in NYC get the recognition they deserve and has also responsible for most of the talent bookings in NY for Blues over the past 35 years! (Manny's Car Wash, Lonestar Roadhouse, Dinosaur BBQ-nyc, NYC Bluescruise and The Lonestar Cafe to name a few)

I will headline that night with Danny Draher from Chicago on Guitar/Vcls with TONS of unannounced special guests.....including YOU if you make it,-)!

again sorry for the bandwidth.....

I'd love to invite ALL the Harp-L ers reading this to play, but there would JUST not be enough time...I'm extending the invitation to Robert as a gesture of NY hospitality...."Yes, there IS such a thing as NY Hospitality..it's not any oxymoron!!!,-))))" and if you can't do it this trip...the offer stands next time....!

Harp Content: there will be PLENTY!,-)

and many thanks and best of luck too Buddy, NY will miss him!!

all the best,
rob
http://home.earthlink.net/~chromboy/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Prouty" <matthewprouty@xxxxxxxxx>