Subject: RE: [Harp-L] minidisc recording= volume control

the reason I like the Sharp minidisc units (www.minidisco.com) is because they have the controls to the recording level right on the front of the unit instead of having to navigate through menus like the sony units.

This way, when the music dynamic changes, I can change the level fast.

If anyone has seen a portable sony MD unit with this front panel recording level capability, let me know.

I use the sharp 1 bit recorder. Works great, all the time.

ps, it does not have the more usb connectivity or some of the new MD features, just a great basic unit.