Re: [Harp-L] position question

I'm planning to see him at Silver Dollar in Toronto on Sept 17th to ask about taking lessons from him again. I'll ask him if I can about that song.

Took lessons from him a few years ago but then family health problem intervened.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Garcia" <ericgar85@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lhaston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] position question

yes, it does appear to be 1st position.
but what crazy scale is that, including overblows, that
can help me break this sucker down???
any help from any more harp-chuckers out there??
eric

From: Larry Haston <lhaston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:16:16 -0500

Eric Garcia wrote:

hi harpers,

can anyone tell me what position and/or mode
Carlos del Junco is playing for the song "Let's Mambo" on
the album Blues Mongrel???
it's a beautiful piece and, being half cuban and living
in miami, i have interest in playing more latin music
on my harp.

According to the CD's liner notes, it's in 1st position, C harp. I still can't figure it out. However it has inspired me to take up another hobby, the harmonica throw. Good luck.

lh