Re: [Harp-L] Song for students

Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I teach fifth grade and would like to teach my class a
> song on the harmonica to play at our winter concert.
> Any suggestions?  Something not too hard, but the
> bluesier the better.

you might consider going with the basic "i'm a man"
riff, maybe having some of the more advanced students
do variation/counterpoint riffs.  real simple ones, though,
all prearranged.  if you're really ambitious, and have someone
who can/will sing (even yourself or another teacher), you could
write some humorous lyrics about life in the fifth grade to sing
along.  i bet that'd go over well.

i woke up this morning
duh DAH duh da
my homeework was gone
duh DAH duh da
i think my dog ate it
duh DAH duh da
we ain't gettin' along
duh DAH duh da...

> I am becoming quite popular with
> students at my school since I am young and play in a
> band.  Too bad I finished with elementary school over
> a decade ago.  I could've used the help my first go round.

yeah, my high school years would go *way* better if
i could do 'em now.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?