Re: [Harp-L] Song for students

Mike,

I might suggest Oh Susanna.  It can be a groovy little ditty.  All the kids would know it, and I would think that may improve your chances of everybody enjoying themselves from early on.  You could do all sorts of things to it orchestration-wise; call and response, rhythm section, octaves, melody.  It could be "Mr. Fugazzi's Opus v.1"

BTW, I've ordered that book you mentioned a little while ago, "Effortless MAstery."  THe description intrigued me.  I do like varying my approach to things, and it sounds like this book may give me another perspective or two.

JIm.

>>> Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> 8/30/2005 11:40 AM >>>
I teach fifth grade and would like to teach my class a
song on the harmonica to play at our winter concert.
Any suggestions?  Something not too hard, but the
bluesier the better.  I am becoming quite popular with
students at my school since I am young and play in a
band.  Too bad I finished with elementary school over
a decade ago.  I could've used the help my first go round.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
NiteRail

http://www.niterail.com