Re: [Harp-L] love/hate those 365's

Paul Bowering wrote:
> The Marine Band 365/SBS series are becoming my
> favourite harp.
<snip>
> I'm wondering if it's possible to basically chop off
> the ends of the harp; cut the comb so as to remove the
> flat tabs on the coverplate.

I haven't tried this, but what I *have* done for customers is to cut
a large notch out of the end of the harp behind the cover screw on
the left hand end, back to nearly the end of the coverplate tab.  I
then sanded this to a smooth surface.  This creates a rest for the
left hand that moves the harp farther into the cup and allows a
better grip for hand effects.  It maintains the integrity of the
harp so there are no leaks, etc., at the ends of the channels.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/