[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L song for students

Hey-good luck-I taught Jr.HS and HS band for almost 30 years-I loved it, but was always looking for new ideas. Try "When the Saints Go Marching In"-it's all first position with no funny notes or bends. No, it's not a blues, but the kids should know it. I love the ideas some of the other guys came up with for accompaniments, so you can part of the class doing rhythms while the other part does the tune.

Bill
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:40:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Song for students
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I teach fifth grade and would like to teach my class a
song on the harmonica to play at our winter concert.
Any suggestions?  Something not too hard, but the
bluesier the better.  I am becoming quite popular with
students at my school since I am young and play in a
band.  Too bad I finished with elementary school over
a decade ago.  I could've used the help my first go round.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
NiteRail

http://www.niterail.com

Updated with free music,
guestbook, and new live dates!

http://mail.yahoo.com

Message: 3
Why don't you have your class write their own song? Get those little 5th
grade imaginations working overtime.

Steve