Re: Re: [Harp-L] Octave Pedal

Richard Hunter wrote:
> If you want to make the harp sound like a synth,
> get the OC-2; if you want the harp to sound like
> a bigger, lower-pitched harp, get an RP.

I'll concur with Richard here, and I use both.  I have an OC-2 in my
effects chain and it produces a very synth-y sound.  I also use the
pitch shifting capability of my Alesis Midiverb from time to time.

As Richard points out, the OC-2 is for single note input, and will
respond unpredictably to polyphonic input.  Digital units are, in
general, polyphonic, and more true in reproducing the source tone and
timber -- sounding like a harmonica -- than the analog units.

Has anyone tried the new Boss OC-3, which is polyphonic?

-tim