Re: [Harp-L] Keyboard Amps?

   I bet there are some people here who can help you. I have a blues jr. and
I have made the tube swaps and once I discovered that the FAT switch had to be
shut off, I had much better luck with it. I played it with a Led Zeppelin
tribute band that had ridiculous onstage volume. We had to mic it, of course,
through the PA, but then I only needed it up to 4 or 5.
   On the other hand, I tried playing it without mic'ing at an out door jam
session and a really loud guitar player with his amp right beside me killed the
sound. A 15 watt amp beside a 100 watt amp just can't win that battle.
   I have a 70s Fender Champ with an jensen speaker coming in the next few
days that I got from Ebay. I'm interested to see how that works for me.

In a message dated 1/31/05 1:18:38 PM, jeanchar50@xxxxxxx writes:

> I've got a Fender Blues Junior but it's kind of a feedback pig -
> even with tube swaps.
> can't get enough volume to be heard well at the Sunday Jam -
> Can't hear myself, which is really frustrating. Jam's a plug and play
> situation - don't have time to mess around with EQ or feedback
> eater

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb