Re: [Harp-L] maestro

In a message dated 31-Jan-05 10:31:05 PM Central Standard Time,
eneumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>     anyone familiar with the Gibson Maestro? I picked one up for $200 but I
> know very little to nothing about amps (I mean,afterall, my amp of choice has
> been a hognose run thru a blues driver). Anyway, the guy I got it from said
> he thinks it is an early 60's vintage. Sounds good but it does have a short
> somewhere-will sometimes shock you when you grab a switch.

The Gibson GA-45 Maestro amp was produced for a number of years so
yours could be an early 60's version, depending on the covering and cabinet
style. This amp has 4X8" Jensen alnico 5 speakers with two 6V6 power tubes,
power rating somewhere around a deluxe. This amp was originally made for
accordion.
FYI: you got a great deal on your amp, even with a repair bill and retubing
it.
FYI: I do have a maestro amp for sale, vintage 1958. Soon to hit ebay, if
anyone here is interested email me privately.
HB