[Harp-L] Great Amp Project

Hi Harping Brethren,

I just finished building an amp based on the early Champ circuit (5F1) but modified with a heavier transformer and an extra power tube. I have it pumped thru two 12 inch speakers that I had lying around and it has an amazing amount of volume for a low wattage amp. It was my first amp building project and I had very little prior knowledge before tackling the kit.

I am using it in a band situation with a drummer, bass player and guitar player and it cuts right thru even though the band plays at a fairly high level. It doesn't feedback even when I put my green bullet right on the grill cloth it and has great saturated ( not distorted) tone. It is a great amp for harp and I highly recommend the kit to anyone looking to build a great tube amp.

The owner of the company that sells the kits is the nicest, most helpful guy you will ever want to meet. If you are interested, check out his site and if u order, let him know you found out about his site thru the harp group. I'm not getting paid anything, but he has been so nice to me even helping me to fix an old tape recorder amp that I have a special sentimental attachment to, that I want him to know if I am able to repay his kindness in some small way by turning others on to his products.

Here's the URL
http://www.stf-electronics.com/

Keep Harpin'
Harlyblu