Re: RE [Harp-L] Ning Nong No More

Steve Shaw wrote:

Hey, Thurg, a sneaky trick to force unsuspecting harp-lers to read about Ronan Keating - AARGH!! I wonder if the pachyderm in question could use his trunk to play. That would be the ultimate in pucker technique...

That's exactly how trained elephants do play harmonica: Hold them in the tips of their trunks and blow in and out, sorta chugging chords. It would be hard for them to "pucker" down to one note, especially since they have two nostrils in there, but I see the potential for some sweet octaves! Obviously, tongue blocking's not an option. :o)

--
Colin Epstein
(who used to work at a zoo with a harp blowing heffalump)