[Harp-L] Re: Green Bullet

What I did to determine the cap size was the following:

I first installed just the pot to test it out on my Green Bullet.

It was a 500K pot and the bottom end of the range was about where I
wanted to to pay with.  So I boosted the pot to 1 meg.

Then I tested it.  It sounded muddy to me on the low end and was
filtering out all of the highs so I put on the .001 cap and tested it.
 This was too bright and allowed the mic to feed back.  So then I
tried a 471 which is a .004 mfd cap (if I remember correctly) and this
did two things

1.  It allowed the highs to pass at a tone level that I liked.

2.  It eliminated some of the early feedback at it is a high pass
filter its upper range cuts some of the highs.

Next I did my 1958 JT-30 (The mexican 520D was the guinnie pig).

1.  Since the JT-30 was much weaker then the GB I deduced two things.
The 500K pot would do and as the JT-30 never feedsback on me so a
small cap would work.

2.  I first tested the 500K with a .001mfd cap across the input post
and output post of the pot.  Fired it up and it sounded awesome.

And if this has a volume contorl on like the Honner Blues Blaster I
believe that it is already set up with a 500K pot and a .001 cap.  I
have only been told this and have not checked one out in person.  If
thats the case I would not mess with it unless you want to try
dropping the cap down a bit.  Check what you have and maybe try a .002
or .003 if it is a .001.  You might like the effect it has on tone and
possibly some feedback control.

M.

Message: 1