To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 6:45 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] tongue roll/full-tone-bend

Hi, I am something like an advanced beginner with the bluesharp. To
improve what I learned intuitively years ago, I bought a book "Bluesharp
from scratch". Now I have two questions:

1)       I have no problem with the half-tone bends and meanwhile, I get
the full-tone bend on draw 2 at least sometimes. But it sounds very thin.
On the web one can find comments on sound shaping playing the harp. Any
tips how I could improve my full-tone bends?

2)       The authors describes the head roll as a technique for trills
first, then something he calls the tongue roll. But unfortunately there is
no advice how to play it. I thought, he might have changed from pucker- to
tongue-block-technique and then moves his tongue from one side to the
other and vice versa in high frequency. But doing so, there is always a
moment, when both draws are open and that sounds absolutely different from
the head roll (the author claims, that the tongue roll gives another
sound, but it is not that different). Does anybody has an idea, how one
can play a draw 3-draw 4-trill without shaking his head or his hands, just
with the aid of his tongue (and in pucker embrouchure)?

Best regards

Klaus

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail