Re: [Harp-L] On Tolerances

Tim Moyer wrote:
<<I have avoided the use of a ball for embossing because it
> doesn't move close enough to the tip, and I use a cylinder instead
> of a ball, so I can get it closer to the slot tip.<<

Good tip (what a pun haha), thanks; I think I'll immediately adjust
my way of doing it.

<<I don't generally emboss the reed tip.<<

Neither do I. On the contrary, I "chamfer" the slot tip by taking
away material with a small drill. This allows for an even narrower
gap.
(I used to think this was called "tip scooping", but Pat Missin
explained the difference somewhere in his writings.)

Ludo