[Harp-L] blues v. bluegrass jam formats

Hi Harp-Leers,
I've had a (almost) life long affection for Blues and Bluegrass Music. Although, long ago, I played in Blues and Bluegrass bands (60's & 70's), I never really enjoyed performing.
What I have enjoyed is informal rehearsing and "jamming".
It seems that in Blues, jamming has evolved to mean playing out in a bar-club or stage environment in front of an audience of God-knows-who.

In Bluegrass, jamming still means (IMO) playing (and singing) with (and for) other musicians(usually 2 to 12) sitting in a circle with NO AMPLIFICATION! Each member of the jam takes his or her turn in rotation choosing and leading a song while the other members fill in and take solos as directed by, usually, eye-contact or e.g., "take it, Snuffy!". The idea is to try not to "step on" other jammer's solo's, The jammers tend to be the same people over time, and so the repertoire becomes familiar to all the players and there often develops a mutual sense of caring and tolerance. The better jammers are mentors and teachers to the less experienced members.

Harp-L is a wonderful resource and it's strength is in it's diversity. And while I have little interest in the finer points of Amplification, etc., I enjoy getting the digest and learn a lot from it.

I guess my question is - Is there a List niche that enjoys "Jamming the Blues" in the Bluegrass Jam format? And If so, is/are there jam(s) in the Hartford, CT area that I could check out?
Goin' down slow,
  --Cal Sag (Too Rich O.)
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.