[Harp-L] Re: Finger mic and acoustic tone

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:47:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Finger mic and acoustic tone
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

 Looking at the reviews on the Coast to Coast website, one writer
recommended against using the Madcat Shaker direct to the PA. From the
context it seems like he was talking about getting an amplified blues
sound, but I'm wondering of there are reasons to avoid a direct feed
for an acoustic sound.

Comments? Recommendations?

Winslow

If you're looking for a finger mic, check out the Harmonica Honker.  It is
the only one I'm familiar with but I recommend it, especially for acoustic
playing.  After holding a harp mic you can't imagine how comfortable it is
to wear a mic around your finger that weighs nothing.  One of the benefits
is you can easily do hand effects with it.  I don't like it as much for
louder more distorted tone but for what you are describing I think it would
fit the bill.

Sky