Re: [Harp-L] Hoochie Coochie Man

--- SHANE1198@xxxxxxx wrote:
> What key do you all play this in, my band says E
> but most recordings i have the harp player
> sounds like he is playing in A on a D harp on
> all the parts other than the main E-A-E-G riff.
> Any help?

Hey Shane,

My band always played this one in A. I covered it
playing 1st position on an A harp, which is I think
how Little Walter originally did it with Muddy.

However, the main thing is to make your singer
comfortable. If the singer likes E better, then
cover it in 2nd on your A harp. It'll still rock.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.