Re: [Harp-L] Accompaniment Questions

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jp Pagán" <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Accompaniment Questions

   As to Vern's comment - while I did initially feel
dissed by it, but since I don't know Vern and he
doesn't know me, I didn't see any reason to think he
meant offense. Online communication has a tendency to
be easily misunderstood, so I read with that in mind
and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
   Any other tips on accompaniment, unison playing,
etc are appreciated.

Please be assured that no offense was intended. I will plead guilty to insensitive blathering. I think that I am known on the net for some strong opinions but not for unkindness.

I was 66 years old when I retired and had the opportunity to take some music theory classes. Before that, I had the same interest in two-part harmony and had very similar questions. I tried to mentally put myself back in that situation and give as much information as was practical in a response of reasonable length.

Vern