[Harp-L] set up tips.

Hi all.  I recently attended the NHL's shindig in Bristol,England and  had
the good fortune to have met Rick Epping...a mine of information.  I'm  very
interested in harmonica modification and picked up a few tips.  One  thing
mentioned to me was rounding the corners of the reed tip,but i can't quite  remember
why we do this and the benefits to be gained.  I also met who  i consider  to
be one of the best harp players ever,Mick Kinsella and he  suggested that i
scoop out a small channel in the reed plate right at the tip of  the of the
reed.  This allows you to lower the reed even lower and aids  overblowing.  Has
anybody got experience of this technique and is it worth  the effort,i do have
a few cadavers to operate on for practice.  All the  best Little Al Price.