[Harp-L] Re: Howard Levy CDs

Yep, Bela Fleck is the obvious reponse, with three CDs : the self-titled, cosmic hippo and UFO TOFU. Harp on every track or nearly so. Other areas of exploration :

- Paul Glass : One More Time has a t least four tracks with howard (of memory serves me correctly) in a folk-jazz vein.
- Holly Cole : Don't Smoke in Bed and Temptation both have several tracks with Howard. The first one is better, IMO, and features some of Howard's most tasteful playing ever, again IMO.

Beyond that, you ave to hunt for more obscure stuff and/or records where he only plays one track : Terry Callier, Spyro Gyra, Ben Sidran, Styx...

There is a really old Paquito d'Riveira vynil with Howard called Explosion which has never been released on CD but I know from reliable sources that at least one track from that record will be featured on an upcoming compilation. Also, Howard handed to some of his students at that Harmonica Seminar in 98 (I think) a home-made compilation of some of his more obscure collaborations. Maybe you'll find someone who has it...

Ben

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, self titled, 1990, has
lots of Howard

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Flight of the Cosmic
Hippo, 1991, again Howard is often featured.

Lennyharp

--- Mikael Bäckman <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List!
I need recomendations for CDs where Howard Levy
appears. I have the following;
Trio Globo, both CDs
Kenny Loggins: Return to Pooh Corner , Outside; From
The Redwoods
Harmonica Jazz
The Old Country
The Strangers Hand
Hot Summer Jazz
Levy / Molinaro Project
Rabih Abou-Khali: both CDs
Is there anything besides these where Howards
harmonica is featured, on more than just one tune...
Thanks,
Mikael

Mikael Backman
http://www.ramblinminds.com/