[Harp-L] Hands-free acoustic mic

Hi, all-

Winslow is looking to get an amplified acoustic sound without being tied to a mic on a stand. So am I. I don't think I could improve substantially on the acoustic sound I get from playing through a Sennheiser 441 into a good PA (without being able to play better, that is), but I would love to be able to get a similar sound without being rooted to the area right in front of the mic.

I did some reading on the Pro Pages on Richard Hunter's site and discovered that Robert Bonfiglio sometimes uses a high quality wireless lavalier or clip-on mic to play with an orchestra. I think somebody else may have mentioned this as a possible solution. It apparently works for Robert playing classical music on a big stage. I wonder how it would work for playing jazz, popular, or traditional music with a band where monitors are used and space onstage is tight. Does anyone have any experience with such a set-up that they could share?

George