[Harp-L] Home recording and copyrights

Two items I'd love opinions on:

1.  Instead of recording a demo at the studio, my new
band has decided to buy our own recording equiptment.
We are looking at getting something that will allow us
to record more then four channels.  We'd like to be
able to record practices and gigs and then mix them
for various reasons.  This is one item we talked
about:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_id/114790

This has all the options we found important.  Does
anybody have advice on this piece of equiptment or
other like it?

2.  I know there are fees involved in selling a record
that contains covers.  Does anybody have a website
link that explains the procedures and fees involved
for selling a cd with copyrighted material?

Thanks

=====
Mike Fugazzi
"Nite Rail"