Re: [Harp-L] who's Dave Rice?

Hi Jim

That's a lot of info, thanks!
Now if only there was someone in Europe specializing in importing US/Japanese/Australian harmonica cd's; I have a large wishlist, but I always pay way too much to the bank or post office outside of Europe. Inside the EEC it's just 15 eurocents per transfer.
In this case I can send Dave cash in an enveloppe, but I won't take such a risk for a larger amount.
If anyone knows of such an importer, please let me know.

Ludo

 staggerinjim wrote:
<<<<big snip<< if you all buy up his lasted CD, his wife might not make hime wait 3 years to do another.

These are the recordings I know of where he plays harmonica:
The Boiled Buzzards. Salt & Grease - Marimac 9027 (1990) Cassette
The Boiled Buzzards. Fine Dining - Marimac 9043 (1991) CD
Andy Cohen & David Rice. Grinnin' in Your Face - Marimac 8008 (1995)
Cassette
Strings and Things. Shady Grove - BERG01 (1996?) Cassette
The Bergman Brothers. Fine Artiste: Old Time & Blues - BERG02 (1998) CD
Dillof, Rice & the Cuyahogians. On the Job Too Long - Montana Peak 001
(2001) CD
Dave Rice and His Old Time Cronies. Ned Went A'Fishin' - Green Swamp 006
(2004) CD

The ones that are still in print can be purchased at http://www.elderly.com
or http://www.countysales.com , except for his latest which you can get
directly from him at