To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 9:54 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re:Hit the Road Jack

"CHARLES BASSI" <jeanchar50@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On a diatonic you probably want to try this in 4th position - i.e., Key of A (minor) on a C harp.
The vamp is A G F E, to fit the chords A min, G, F, E.
so it's 6 draw, 6 blow, 5 draw, 5 blow. Actually Ray Charles plays it in Ab.
Don't know what key your son's playing it in. Hopefully A or E minor!
Then try playing the melody - you'll see most of the notes are there in 4th position.
The tricky one is getting a good solid draw bend on hole three - i.e., down to A on a C harp.

this list never ceases to amaze me. how *do* you folks know all this stuff?

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.