RE: [Harp-L] IS THERE ANY HARMONICA RELATED JOBS (besides player)

Hi all,

I am starting to create a full professional harmonica job in the
Netherlands. Up until now it's certainly going in the right direction.

My ideal workweek is having 2 evenings with group-courses, 2 weekend days of
workshops, plus I am teaching harmonica to astma-patients in  hospitals
every Friday (last Monday the TV covered this item!) and teaching at primary
schools every Wednesday. Still on the shelf is the idea to have harmonica
workshops as change-consultancy tool for organisations. And there are the
occasional 1-on-1 private lessons (but they're an unreliable source of
income). There's a lot more to tell about this all, but have a look at my
website first (pick up some Dutch on the way :-). www.harmonicainstituut.nl

In building this business I had the incredible luck to meet 8 other
dedicated and driven players in Holland and Belgium who are in for the same
adventure. We are building an inspiring network. With all this organizing
and teaching, it really is a challenge to play some harmonica... for this
reason I have formed a duo (thanks to Randy Singer's inspiring tips), I do
not have any serious intention (...) to make a professional career as a
musician, but I have to keep up my skills and, more importantly, keep
feeding my hunger and fun for musical development.

I would love to exchange ideas with that player from Montreal Pierre
mentioned! If anyone can get me in contact with this person, I'd be much
obliged.

Hope this sparkles some ideas and some shares from other players. Let's
inspire each other!

Jervis Groeneveld
www.harmonicainstituut.nl
(+31) 20 774 8657 (home)