[Harp-L] BUSKING

Around 1970-76, while I was mostly on - or nearly on - the street, I would often make money on the street by playing some pretty poor harp, I guess it was a step up from panhandling. I would also at times do simple street theater, again, a step up from panhandling. Okay, I'll admit I did some panhandling too. Hey, I was 14, what were my choices?

Now, 30 years later, I am contemplating taking a hat and some harps to the street, mostly for the challenge (certainly not for the money, thank goodness!) and to maybe learn something about me, my playing, and what the "street" is like, thirty years later.

Many of you know about busking in today's climate, it's been so long for me, but I am becoming tempted to go try my hand at it. I sure play better now, anyway.

So, what about it, anybody got advice, warnings, location ideas, legal info (for Pasadena California, Paris France, and anywhere else?), styling hints and spare hats? OK, forget the styling hints, I'm beyond saving. . .