[Harp-L] high end mics for harmonica recording

On the new recording with Phoebe Snow vocals and Bernard Purdie on drums,
I used my favorite harmonica mic, a Neumann U87 - a reworked vintage.
Also I have in my studio a Neumann TLM 103 which gives great sound on
chromatic, a little brighter than a U87 but also only $650 but not $2,000.

But the new mic I tried is the Sanken CU41 which has a better high end
than a U87, but not quite as full or open than the U87, well worth a look
if you get a chance to use one.  Not cheap at $2500!

I am using the Avalon 737 mic preamp.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

This message was sent using I-2000 Web Mail.
http://www.i-2000.com/