[Harp-L] Harmonica America

To the "Harmonica World at Large" I just finished my new recording
"Harmonica America" with Phoebe Snow singing on three tracks. Again thanks
to Rob Paparozzi for hooking me up with Phoebe and Bernard Purdie!!! We
are now shopping it to labels as we are in the weirdest time in the music
business in my lifetime.

I am asking you not to skewer me for my diatonic playing or vocals on
?Harmonica America? as there is method in my madness.  In order to play
the major works for harmonica and orchestra, I have to find new ways to
approach the business because the public at large is being told that they
will not only not like "classical" music, but also they will not be
'whole' without the new Brittany CD!

So all of us for about 15 years now have been "crossing over" which for me
means pulling out the blues harps and blowing Sonnyboy for encores to
Concerti.

I have had several incredible diatonic players study chromatic with me,
Paparozzi, Hoover, Singer, Turk, etc. and they make me feel humble on the
diatonic and with improving on the chromatic.   I still am not an
improviser on the chromatic; I don?t have the time to keep my chops up for
classical playing and then learn to improvise.

But the blues, folk, country thing on diatonic is like riding a bicycle,
so I drag the diatonic out to keep working in the Harmonica Concerto area.
My only hope is that trends will swing back to more intellectual endeavors
and I can go back to recording the major works for Harmonica and
Orchestra.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com

This message was sent using I-2000 Web Mail.
http://www.i-2000.com/