Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica America - Classical harmonica fusion

I have to find new ways to
approach the business because the public at large is being told that they
will not only not like "classical" music,

Huh? who is "telling" what?

but also they will not be
'whole' without the new Brittany CD!

Did you mean Britney?

I think the problem with classical music is that there is no easy way to get into it.

Take Jazz for instance, people can listen to Kenny G, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Ella and Louis, Dave Brubeck (Take Five album) or whatever and slowly work their way towards Coltrane. Its like getting to like wine by starting with sweet wines, with time you acquire a taste for drier wines.

Pehaps you need fusion of rock with classical, I guess there has been some of that but there were few crossovers. Perhaps the problem is that classical players mostly interpret and also there are too few of them.

Maybe you should develop your ability to improvise on the chromatic, but do it classicly and then do a jam with Metallica. This reminds me of the band Apocalyptica, that was really cool music (for those of you who don't know, Apocalyptica did 2 albums of covers of Metallica tunes on cello's - great music).

Seems a bit hopeless though, if the Guitar Trio CDs can't get popular appeal, then what can. Guess you really need Metallica to get interested.

Hey why not!

Pierre.

----- Original Message ----- From: <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>