Re: [Harp-L] re: recording microphones

I'm with Richard Hunter, the AT 4050 is a really great sounding mic. I've tried recording with an SM 58 and it's ok but it's a lot more work for me to make sound good. What I especially like about the Audio Technica is how well it handles dynamics. When I'm playing acoustically using an SM57 or 58 I'm always trying to stay within a narrow dynamic range to keep the mic from getting crunchy or splatting from being overdriven. With the AT I just play. fjm