>From what I learned when buying it, the chromatics generally start to C and
then go down in tuning (typically: middle C, low D, low E, low F, low G, low
A, low Bb, low B, C tenor for the CX-12).

My guess is that this is due to the problem encountered in the high hole for
high pitched chroms (bad chamber size/reed lenght ratio).

Hope this helps

  Laurent

-----Message d'origine-----
De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]De la
part de CHARLES BASSI
Envoyé : jeudi 24 février 2005 06:40
À : Harp-L
Objet : [Harp-L] Chromatic in Eb

I'm thinking about buying a Hohner chromatic harmonica in Eb.  Does anyone
own one?  What I want to know is -
is it pitched the same as a standard diatonic in Eb, or does it start an
octave lower?  If it's pitched the same as a diatonic, it's not really what
I want.  For that matter, how about E and F chromatics?  Does anyone know if
they are pitched the same as diatonics?

Thanks,

Charles