[Harp-L] Chromatic in Eb

Charles Bassi writes:

I'm thinking about buying a Hohner chromatic harmonica in Eb.  Does
anyone own one?  What I want to know is -
is it pitched the same as a standard diatonic in Eb, or does it start
an octave lower?  If it's pitched the same as a diatonic, it's not
really what I want.  For that matter, how about E and F chromatics?
Does anyone know if they are pitched the same as diatonics?

Chromatics are pitched diffrently from diatonics. Standard C is the
highest key and they go down from there. So D, Eb, E, and F are all
pitched with a starting note below middle C. This is true for Hohner
and Hering; I can't say with certainty about others.

Winslow