Re: [Harp-L] Adam Gussow will be closing the 2/25 Jason Ricci

> > AWESOME!!!!!!!!! The only word to describe last night's show.
---Jason just played a show here in my little corner of the world...the coalfields of West Virginia.The venue, Sister's Coffee House, is in a town of maybe 20,000...we're not talking New York City here, folks.Point is that he played with as much joy and abandon as he does in the bigger venues[I've heard the Mexicalli shows...] He's played at Sister's a number of times now;each time is wonderful...once I heard him there during a bad snowstorm;there weren't more than 15 people in the place but Jason was soaring.It was inspiring, not just for the great music but to be in the presence of someone so committed to his art, so committed to sharing his music regardless of how "important" the venue is, so committed to his listeners, no matter how many or how few are present. I just wish there was some way Jason could reach a much wider audience because he deserves to be heard, first and foremost because he is one of the  most exciting new voices on the diatonic, but also because he is out there doing things the right way.
WVa Bob