Re: [Harp-L] 2004 Favorite CDs[Mitch Weiss's CDs]

Ken M. wrote:
Yup, Mitch is indeed a great player... a great guy
too, and hugely underheard. Actually, Mitch has
several CD's to his credit which I've been
fortunate enough to collect over the years:
- Stompin' By Myself
- Insane on the Train
- Blues Harpin All Day and Night
- Street Music (I believe you can get this now
through Ampcast)
---Thanks Ken, and to Smoky-Jo too for telling me this.I was under the impression that Mitch had "only" recorded stuff on the Ampcast site...I actually have a couple of CDs of that stuff, and it's great harmonica.[again, if you're not familar with Mitch's playing, try www.ampcast.com/mitchweiss Mitch plays a sort of hybrid harmonica built by Brendon Powers that combines button chromaticity with the bending abilities of the diatonic...this harp has been written about on this list before and you can buy it from Brendon Powers...anyway, Mitch is a jazz player who is deeply rooted in the blues..again, try the ampcast site...you'll find Mitch playing everything from Duke Ellington to The Allman Brothers to a Big Walter tribute]
What I meant by my comment about Mitch doing a CD is the Ampcast stuff, as terrific as it is, would be even better if it were recorded with live musicians...on the Ampcast stuff, Mitch plays some of the keys and guitar and he uses--what do you call it?--sequencers?drum machines? I didn't realize he had recorded with live musicians; are these CDs available for purchase?I know that Mitch is on the list;maybe he could post and tell us where we can buy these CDs and also talk some about his unique approach to harmonica...and maybe let us know if he has plans to record a NEW CD with live musicians.
WVa Bob