Re: [Harp-L] Favourite 2004 CD

I imagine that there is an implicit condition in Pierre's original query
that the CDs feature some form of harmonica.
Nope, anything you just keep playing and playing that you think others might
like.

Okay, that's cool, then !

Someone mentioned Inspiration compiled by J.J Milteau, I bought that CD this
week and its probably the best Harmonica compilation CD I have ever
purchased. It covers a broad array of artist I did not know and many styles
including Jazz, Blues, Celtic, Country, Ensemble, etc. This is an import, if
you can't find it in the USA, contact me, I can provide a link.

http://inspiration.planetharmonica.com/contents.htm

It can be found in the USA, at least it's on sale at amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007JGPV/planetharmonica

It's a great compilation. No harp enthusiast should be without. It avoids the harmonica=blues trap and yet features some stellar blues performances, it shows the whole breadth of the instrument. I keep on meaning to do a track by track review of it on my blog... Oh, and did I mention that the sleevenotes are superb, as well ? Plus there's a small mention of me in there, always a pleasure ;)

Ben FELTEN

Pierre.